Monday, October 05, 2009

Monday Musings - 23

I wish I had something to say this Monday. But the truth is I really don't know where to begin. On this chilly, rainy day that signifies the onslaught of winter in this alien city, I am bereft of words. I can think only of the rain. I can remember yesterday's skies part, the sun let out the clouds. I can remember the feel of a slight drizzle, of the wind playing truant. I can remember the sound of the music. So beautiful, it blended with the wind.

I can remember yesterday, for the joy in its air. I can remember saying thank-you. I was so thankful for what has been done, and what will be done. Imagine when the rain falls, and it is so beautiful, you know that tomorrow can only be what you hoped for. Today, is that tomorrow. I'm wondering what to make of this. I do not know. I do not know why words tremble out of my fingers. I do not know why I chose to write a musing every Monday. I do know why some days are so lonely, and others so beautiful. I do not know why I must be so childishly hopeful.

I realize this now, and I realized this yesterday, as I was strolling about the bustling Sarojini Nagar market that there are somethings we will never know. Even in retrospect, they fall into place...we will not know why they really happened. Perhaps, that is all that I can make sense of this Monday. I will never really know why the aeroplane danced onto the runway at the Domestic Airport, Delhi. Or why the days that followed were a string of uncanny coincidences.

I will not know why I found two long lost friends in Delhi, one in the same building as I am currently staying. I will not know why the only other girl in my team, shares the same beliefs as me. I will not know why it rained on the one day I knew no hope in Delhi. Why I love terraces, and why I was allowed the pleasure of looking down from one everyday for three weeks. I will not know why I happened often to be in the right place..at the right time. And, how I managed so easily through situations that would otherwise cause me to break down...

I can think only of these things this Monday. And, perhaps this is all I can write about too. That I have learnt, to sometimes live through the moment. It's hard...but when the rain comes down a drop at a time, I do not complain. Like the joy it overwhelms me with.. life too sometimes falls into place a drop at a time. And each drop is often painstakingly far apart. But, it falls...and the joy, the joy is just the same...if not evermore.

[More Monday Musings here ]

2 comments:

Roy said...

here come the rains again moments?

Anonymous said...

you're thoughts reflect pretty much what we all go thorough, but you put them down so beautifully :)