I can almost feel the song as it ebbs and flows, collapses and gathers pace - Paul Mc Cartney and the Wings' 'Band on the Run.' I can remember it playing and looping off a silver compact disc, handed down from a friend to dad to me. I can remember it break many silences. And, I can remember it as I am seated at the Chatrapati Shivaji Domestic Airport, Mumbai. It's 5'o clock in the morning, and three white-skinned men have taken to their guitars. I do not know who they are. I do not ask where they are from. Sometimes when there is music, you need nothing else. Just the sound of their Spanish tango that fills the air. Just the image of their gleeful smiles, delirious with music. And, just the simplicity of two local Indians, in high-waist pants...father and son, watching them on.
A band at the airport. Almost like a band on the run. Shows me why I love Mumbai, and why I love music. "Well, the rain exploded with a mighty crash as we fell into the sun, And the first one said to the second one there I hope you're having fun. "
[30X30 is a series of 30 unrelated posts in 30 days by Gayatri Makhijani and Anuj Gosalia. One post everyday, for the next 30 days. Follow the string here ]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment