Wednesday, October 14, 2009

30x30: Sacred

I wonder sometimes,
if this could be,
Us no longer stealing time
Us unafraid in our love.

If I could wake up then,
to the echoes of your voice
before the night's sleep,
to the sound of joy
gliding broken
hearts.

I wonder if we could continue
to thaw?

And this could be us
alone and together
across highways
and dinner tables
and life, in general.

This could be, couldn't it?

Or would it be too much
to ask for, too much
yearning and too
easy. But, if you must know,
this too is uneasy.

I watch you then -
A star in a faraway sky.
A voice so distant.

If only.

(30X30 is a series of 30 unrelated posts in 30 days by Gayatri Makhijani and Anuj Gosalia. One post everyday, for the next 30 days. Follow the string here ]

No comments: