Of late, I've been thinking a lot about hope. A four letter word that threads through our lives, adding a glimmer of light. Allowing us to traverse the everyday trials, the long hauls and the dejection with equal flourish. Helping us through heartbreaks, and aches...through longing and the niggling troubles of loving. Goading us through failures and successes, holding us through friendships that disappear and the ones we struggle to stay. And, even allowing us through simple dismays like the rickshaw that wouldn't stop, the bus that fled away, the burning sun that stays.
What do you base your hope on, I ask? Perhaps, you hope on the sweet promise of love. Or, the ever yielding journey of life. Maybe, you hope on success. Or, maybe you hope on God, all encompassing. I do believe such hope is beautiful. Tell me however, have you lost hope? Have you let it slip away to nowhere, dissolve into nothing? How does it feel? Life must be weary, without hope.
But, with hope life is joyous. Long journeys to seemingly small quests, patience through tiresome arguments, waiting on time itself are all a little easier because of hope. The hope that this too shall pass. The hope that this will teach us, and make us better and stronger. The hope that our love will then be sweeter. The hope that life will soon yield more.
How beautiful it is to hope, I think. And, even more beautiful to hope with joy. To hope through joy. Not a sullen wait on glory, but a smile for a smile. I do hope you always hope.
[ 30X30 is a series of 30 unrelated posts in 30 days by Gayatri Makhijani and Anuj Gosalia. One post everyday, for the next 30 days. Follow the string here ]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment