We play a game of hide and seek. You hide. And, I seek. Foolishly, I count time until you are tucked away, nowhere to be seen. I then begin to hunt for you, looking for a little help along the way. Eventually, I find you. The happiness is ephemeral. It is time we play another game of hide. And, seek.
We are tired of our familiar game. We sit down to a round of Scrabble. You place your words. And, I counter yours. Our wretched word play goes on for hours. You plot and think and play cleverly. I shoot impulsively, and sometimes beat your score. The scales even. And, then you win. We both lie spent, after three hours lost.
We no longer want to sit still and play. We switch to catch-and-cook. Merrily, often childishly we run about. You chase me, and then I run after you. We’re out of breath, both at once. Our eyes meet, and then we walk slowly, ending the game.
We now play teenage games like Truth and Dare. You are brutally honest. And, I wouldn’t dare. Wouldn’t dare to tell you, I love you. Wouldn’t dare to fight for ‘us.’ Wouldn’t dare to ask you to another game, of another kind.
[ More Love Letters Here ]
Saturday, June 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The last paragraph.....
Post a Comment