Saturday, June 27, 2009

Love Letters - 23

You must know by now, how easily the rains take me to a faraway place. Little drops build big dreams in my world. And, in my big dreams, I imagine I am a song. Your song. The song that makes you do a jig every single time you listen to it. The song that sets you off to a faraway place. With words strung together that make you think, dream and hope. The song that reminds you to smile. Always.

And, then sometimes, I imagine I am a piece of writing from your favourite book. Words that linger, long after you have read them. Words that stay with you through worlds old, and new. I imagine I am a fairytale, the one you read when you were young, many years ago. I imagine, to you, I am that lovely little tale of love, and happiness. I imagine I remind you, of your childhood. Of your innocence. Of a life so banal, it is without fear. Perhaps, I am like that castle, always there. Like that gingerbread house, always divine. Of that flawless background score, flowing so perfectly in and out of your life.

Other times, I imagine I your shuffling feet, as they pick up speed. I imagine I am the thrill, you know only when you are running, the joy you only know when your mind is free. Or, perhaps I am the day you wear so comfortably, the night you sleep in peace. The promise you know you will keep. The anger that fades quickly away, the insecurity that withers away.

I imagine, we are the like moments people cherish. We are like gawking teenagers at a fantastical amusement park, like starry-eyed children at a toy store, like adults in a moment of unadulterated success. And, as I float out of my far away place, I smile at how easily the rains fool me. How easily they make-believe me.

[ More Love Letters Here ]

No comments: