I want to tell you how I began the year 2009, because someday you may begin a year like that too. Alone, aloof, afraid...almost broken. Hoping for one thing, one dream.
And, I want to tell you, how I feel today, because perhaps, it will fill you with hope? It fills me, too. And, despite the fact that I lost the one dream I started out with...
Here I am..smiling, content, excited, pensive on the very last day of the year. There are just a few more hours to go...
And, I am thankful for the new friends I made this year. The old friends I found. The new-old friends I made. Such a year of people, 2009. And, such a year of writing too. There was Love Letters, and Monday Musings, and 30X30 and Pause. And, after reading other Pauses, I wonder if it was a time in our life to learn, and let go, and find ourselves...
Difficult, but beautiful. And, satisfying, for me at least. I always pen my last thoughts before a new year. And, then on, I am always in a fleeting hurry to embrace the many little strings left to tie-up before the year ends...
But, today I have time..time for that one last run...the wind against my skin...just before the celebrations begin..the celebrations of a year well lived, well learned, well found...
...and the countless blessings I am grateful for. Everything isn't always the way we want it to be...but we have a choice, to be happy. And, to run...and still savour the wind.
Thank you for staying with me through the year. For those of you who did, thank you for pausing. I hope you have a safe evening. And, an absolutely miraculous twenty-ten. With love!
[ Pause is an ongoing series of reflections by writers (enlisted alongside) come together to capture people, places and moments from the year 2009. Pause ends on 31st December, 2009]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment