Monday, August 03, 2009

Monday Musings - 15

The Bombay Elektrik Project is a fabulous group of youngsters come together, and currently they seem to be on mission 'Poetry Slam'. A bunch of self-proclaimed poetry-lovers, we were at the Caferati Open Mic at Prithvi, last Tuesday. A hurried hour of Hindi, and English poetry, with a good measure of pretty singing thrown in, meant we were still wanting more. And, so off we went to MochaMojo, which by the way, is the revamped Cafe Mocha at Hill Road, Bandra. The place is quirky. And, the Lemonade comes in a classic, old big-sized, curious glass bottles. This part of the evening turned out to be electrifying, encouraging and funny- with a lot of talented poets and performers come alive!

Other good things happened last week. Little achievements, little acquisitions, little spiritual fulfillments. That are of course, magnanimous if you consider the stillness that often is life. The moroseness that often is life. The often troubled, difficult, draining life. Amidst all this hullah-bullah of last week, I turned twenty-three. A little older, perhaps, a little wiser. Birthdays are a good reminder of all the love that surrounds you. All that you should be thankful for. Birthdays, also make me introspect.

And, so there I was last Friday, thinking back at the year that was. The year that was a triumph of so many little joys, and yet a series of so many tribulations. I knew I was thankful for read meets, and spiritual meets, and new friends, and humbling old reunions, and marvelous discoveries. I knew then I was thankful for this blog, for my writing, for the friends who'd stood me through. But, then I also realized the price. Its cost.

I also remembered the things I'd lost, the things I couldn't get, the things I wasn't yet blessed with. The things that were still taking their time. The things that may never be. And even, the things that turned up after a whole year of seeking, wishing and waiting.

It made me realize, that life, like love often takes too much, and gives too little. Then too, it is worth it. It is valuable. I hope that stays with you this Monday. Just like it did with me.

[More Monday Musings here ]

1 comment:

Roy said...

poetry slam sounds fun! and happy bday!