It would be wrong not to think of you at all. For all the little moments of joy, for all the little smiles that lingered, for all the little secrets we had tucked away...it would be wrong not to think of you at all. But, how easy it is not to think of you today. Once it was impossible, but now it is so easy. Now, you are just an occasional passing thought, now you are just a bitter angry thought, now I do not know you at all.
Now, just now...we almost have no memories. Not because we didn't make any, but because I do not want to remember the time. We have nothing in common now. No little sparks flitting about us, when we cross each other. Not because they disappeared to anywhere at all, and not because they were never there. But, because I, I do not allow them to emanate. I no longer will.
And, it isn't because of time, or it isn't because I never loved. No, it isn't even because now I am cold, and angry, and without a heart. It is only because now, it must not be.
You and me, we had our time. We had our days that stretched out like little bubbles in an ocean of happiness. We had our days that were difficult like a yacht upon troubled waters. And, we had our days we were forlorn like the shore awaiting the ocean. We had our time. And, we had our chance.
When you think of me then, my love, remember I did once love. Remember, I did once fight. For our love. And, remember it was true. Remember, my love, when I said forever, I meant it. And when I said I care, I still do today. But know that you walked away.
Even in the moments I pushed, even in the times I prodded... you never stopped, you didn't turn around.
And, today as we have faded into everyday life, and I have found other dreams...I want you to know that. I want you to know that I gave us a chance. You would remember me by that, wouldn't you?
[ Wow, 25 may seem so small, but to me it is immense. I'd have never thought I'd get here. Thank you for so many comments, and all the good and bad things you say! Much love.More Love Letters Here ]
Friday, July 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment