Thursday, December 21, 2006

Of Reunions and a much needed Christmas Break

Reunions are hard to describe; I wouldn't call them fun, splendid, boring, terrible or any such thing. Reunions seem to be just that, reunions. And strange. Except, for a thoughtful school time samosa and the ck (cooperite kameena) certificate of excellence thrown in. I can't say I was thrilled to see any body except a couple (besides the few, I see anyway), but it was just nice to see how every one's turned out five years later. And, I say this rather dismally, I see nothing extraordinary. We are as yet stars in the making. Or not?

That said, like any other place where the vodka is flowing freely, reunions leave with you a terrible aftertase the next morning as the usual grogginess.

On a completely different note, Mr Patki, in a tone characteristic to well, Mr Patki, ended his last lecture of the year with: Christmas break begins this Friday. And college begins 2nd January (We make some noise, needless to say)Then, you have back-to-back assignments all the way up to the end of Feb. Prelims are in March, and the boards, first week of April. Results end of May. And then, thats it! You're a BMM pass...get lost!

Ouch. Such love! I reckon, its mutual. But that does pretty much sum of the beginning of next year. And, yeah, get lost indeed.

4 comments:

h3lios said...

Reunions are fun. Especially the hangover part. You don't know who's got what going where.

And then some.

Ahh good times, good times.

Tis a pity i've not bothered with reunions.

Or have people worth getting a hangover for:P

Anonymous said...

It is fun to see how people turn out.

Prestige is most definitely worth a one time viewing.

Anonymous said...

I don't like Reunions or even just what it means on a broader scope-like meeting an old friend on the road, you are polite and say nice things and realise its not going to be like before, where they'll call you later in the day and tell you who they hate and why!
They'll call someone else and all you'll know is which college they are in now!

Anonymous said...

come back to xanga!