I can stare at the sea for hours
We are affluence
watching it from atop
white, endless waves
take me to far away?
I can stare at the sky for hours
Blazing lights all in a line
Airplanes flying furiously
from sky to ground
Don't bring me back, will you?
Let dreams, like waves
find new shores
not frolic like
wastrel children lying on
sand at 1'o clock AM
catching flying ten
rupee notes.
I can stare at their eyes for hours.
Young, forlorn
lost for love.
Spend it unwisely, I almost think,
little one
Just do something that makes
you smile
Do something that makes you
smile.
Another airplane comes roaring by,
Another wave goes galloping away.
[30X30 is a series of 30 unrelated posts in 30 days by Gayatri Makhijani and Anuj Gosalia. One post everyday, for the next 30 days. Follow the string here ]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment