I wish I could say it is easy to lose people you love. But, as I sit here, staring at a computer screen, surrounded by people I love, I know it isn't true. People come into our lives, their shapes and sizes ( personalities really) filling our little gaps and spaces. We were not made to be alone. And, we are made a lot for the people who come into our lives.
It never ceases to amaze me how beautifully our lives and beings ebb and flow, shape and reshape to make room for the people that come, and go from time to time. It is difficult, but wonderful to make room for strangers. To appear as always available. Then, you never know who you can bring joy to.
Of course, as time goes along...with joy comes trials. And, sometimes you lose people you love. Perhaps, it is on a stance of right versus wrong. Perhaps, it is over a trivial issue like time, orwork. Nonetheless, people often part ways. And, then it you began to realize the void, the spaces they fill.
As I write this, I can think of many such people in my life. I want you to know I am thinking of you. Until we meet at the same side of the bridge, you are being missed. Maybe for the long, ending phone conversations about life in minute details, that we no longer have. Maybe for the wake-up, girl-power sms'es my phone now misses. Maybe for the giant-sized hugs that are no more. Or, maybe just for you. Just for you and all the times we've laughed, giggled, smiled our way through this beautiful, beautiful journey called life.
I want you to know that my life is waiting to make room for you, again. Because the shapes you fill, are the shapes YOU fill. Nobody else, and nothing else compares. Even as strangers, even as friends.. our lives are made for definite roles, in definite moulds.
[30X30 is a series of 30 unrelated posts in 30 days by Gayatri Makhijani and Anuj Gosalia. One post everyday, for the next 30 days. Follow the string here ]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment