As I sit here, I wonder where I found this silence. I wonder when my heart turned so still. So still, it had lost the will. So still, it found no words. So still, it would no longer fight. So still, it would no longer leap, and jump, and throb and seek. So still, so quiet.
As my mind wanders, my thoughts drift. I think back at when I learned to love. And why, and how, and why ever not? I think back at the magnificient red bus I climbed on to one summer morning. I knew then, I was in love. I think back at the dingy little restaurant, we first met at. The night I wondered, how immense is this love.
Now, I wonder why. Now, I wonder why my little heart leaped, my mind ticked, and time allowed love. I wonder why my heart burst into noisy chatter, so soon, so suddenly. Why, it could never pause to reason. And, most of all I wonder why it turned so quiet, so still.
Because, when I sit here, my heart longs to whistle. To talk, and write, and love, and anger, and loathe. But, it sits so quietly...so afraid to say too much, so unsure of saying so little.
[ More Love Letters Here ]
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment