Monday afternoon rolls in with simmering hot ginger tea and Mumbai winter for company.The weekend has been near perfect. Lounging around home, sorting and re-sorting piles of clothes. And, shoes. Sifting through rubbish Saturday news and reading and re-reading smses. Hand-washing the 'handle with care,' stacking the 'to be read' and listening and re-listening to Mazzy Star. Picking the perfect from the '30% off' and splurging on the yummiest bling-canvas shoes. Small joys.
Carefully oiling out my now perfect black curls, painting my toe nails orange-pink whilst listening to women chatter about other women's sordid lives. Sitting, waiting, wishing. Some days, I am so naive. On other days, I haughtily turn you away, but I want to be there. But, oh, how can I be?
Sitting in with my laptop, watching a movie. The volume turned down so low, as If I am afraid. Oh wait, I was afraid. I am afraid. Afraid of the unknown."The cross is mightier than the switchblade." I almost give in to love. Or, do I? The afternoon brings on an evening of rigorous exercise. Still, I am afraid.
Maybe, today, you will see the ground beneath my feet?
Or, maybe you will forever shatter it.
Pools of sorrow waves of joy
are drifting thorough my open mind
Possessing and caressing me
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment